These raspberry pistachio donuts are made with a soft and cakey baked pistachio donut, dipped in a thick raspberry white chocolate glaze, and topped with crushed pistachios
- 30g unsalted butter
- 30g flavourless oil
- 110g whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g all-purpose flour
- 90g granulated sugar
- 20g pistachios, finely crushed
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 50g whipping cream
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam or raspberry puree
- 60g powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a donut pan with butter and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, oil, and milk on low-medium heat until the butter has just melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature. When you dip your finger into it, it should feel neither warm nor cold.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, pistachios, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Once the liquids have cooled, whisk in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and fold with a silicone spatula until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Transfer batter into a piping bag and snip about an inch off the tip of the bag. Pipe rings of batter into the donut moulds, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Don’t overbake!
- Remove pan from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring donuts to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small pot, boil about 1 inch of water. Turn off the heat when it comes to a boil.
- Add white chocolate, whipping cream, and raspberry jam to a heat-safe bowl. Place bowl into the pot, ensuring that it fits perfectly without touching the water and no water or steam can get inside the bowl.
- Wait about 1 minute, and stir through until all the chocolate has melted.
- Sift in powdered sugar. Mix until no lumps of sugar remain.
- Remove bowl from the double boiler and let cool slightly for about 3-4 minutes or until the glaze texture is thick enough to coat the donuts but viscous enough drip off.
- Dip donuts into the glaze halfway and pull out while wiggling around, letting the excess glaze drip off. Place on a wire rack and sprinkle tops with crushed pistachios before the glaze sets.
Keywords: raspberry pistachio donuts, pistachio donuts, raspberry glaze, baked donuts recipe