This almost no-bake peanut butter ice cream pie recipe is made with a sweet and salty pretzel crust and only uses 5 ingredients
- 140g pretzel twists
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 250g vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 120g whipping cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place pretzels in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin by rolling over them until they become fine crumbs.
- Transfer pretzel crumbs into a bowl and stir in melted butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Pour pretzel crumbs into a tart pan and firmly press into the pan until the bottom and sides of the pan are covered in a thick layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack before filling with ice cream.
- In a medium bowl, let ice cream sit out at room temperature while the crust is baking. Stir with a spoon until ice cream is softened and creamy but not melted and liquidy. It should resemble soft serve ice cream.
- Add peanut butter and stir until incorporated.
- Scoop ice cream into pretzel crust. Spread and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Optional: Whisk whipping cream and sugar together until cream thickens into firm peaks. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a closed star tip and pipe rosettes on the surface of the ice cream.
- Freeze ice cream pie for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting and serving.
Keywords: peanut butter ice cream pie, pretzel crust desserts, peanut butter pretzel pie